I am diverse, complicated, and like to do things that are different and not repetitious. In other words, I like to keep busy (when my body allows me to).
I play in the SCA as Sorcha Fhionn inghean ui/Ruairc. I’ve played in the West Kingdom of the SCA since 2001. I have held offices and autocrated several events in the Barony of Darkwood (Principality of the Mists) and in the Principality of Cynagua. I live in the Principality of Cynagua with my Lord, Josephus Piscator and three dogs (Pepper 10 yrs., Nikki 5 yrs and Biscuit 8 yrs).
This is my blog to keep track of my random projects, adventures in garb making and any research I do in recreating the middle ages.
My name is 14th century Irish… but I like wearing early Vikings. Since we will be moving to colder climate at the end of 2013, I am starting to get interested in making 15th & 16th century German clothes. So deal with it.
Here they are a few random facts about me:
1. I was born in Saginaw, Michigan.
2. I have three tattoos (a butterfly, unicorn head & a heart with vines).
3. The first garment I ever sewed for the SCA was in 2001. It was a green, cotton Irish style dress; and has since given away.
4. I drove in Powder Puff Demolition Derby and Figure-8 racing in Kentucky (decades ago).
5. When I was 18, I took Model classes in Michigan; and took Photography classes when I lived in Florida.
6. Even though I enjoy embroidery, I do like to learn new things. How am I to know if I will “actually” like a technique if I do not try it first?
7. I do, some, illumination.
Please contact me at email@example.com